Friday, March 6, 2009

Francis Magalona is dead

MANILA, Philippines - Master rapper Francis Magalona, 44, passed away Friday.


Vic Sotto confirmed the news over GMA's noontime show Eat Bulaga and asked for a minute of prayer for the eternal repose of the singer-composer's soul.

Magalona's battle with leukemia was made public last year. In a public statement last April 14, he admitted he was battling with the malady.

A blood drive was subsequently announced for the singer.

Unknown to the most, the 44-year-old singer-composer recently survived a delicate medical condition days before he was dispatched from a hospital.

"Akala ko kasi magki-Christmas ako sa ospital, e, because I had a very, very, very close brush with death last December 4. I went into septic shock and it was a very scary moment," he said in an earlier interview.

It was announced last year that Magalona was scheduled for a bone marrow transplant.

"My doctor said I'm in remission right now after my third chemo cycle. So, my next move would be to do the bone marrow transplant and I'm very happy to announce that I was able to find a match. One of my sisters from the States we have the same tissue typing so she would be my donor," he added. -

Source:
Amita O. Legaspi
and Mark Joseph Ubalde, GMANews.TV

No comments: